Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saint Dymphna-Ora Pro Nobis











Prayer to St. Dymphna:

Lord, our God, you graciously chose St. Dymphna as patroness of those afflicted with mental and nervous disorders and Spiritual afflictions. She is thus an inspiration and a symbol of charity to the thousands who ask her intercession.

Please grant, Lord, through the prayers of this pure youthful martyr, relief and consolation to all suffering such trials, and especially those for whom we pray. (Here mention those for whom you wish to pray).

We beg you, Lord, to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna on our behalf. Grant all those for whom we pray patience in their sufferings and resignation to your divine will. Please fill them with hope, and grant them the relief and cure they so much desire.

We ask this through Christ our Lord who suffered agony in the garden. Amen.

LinkRelated Links:

Saint Dymphna-May 15

Belgium Shrine

Patron of Spiritual & Mental Afflictions


SQPN profile

Catholic Encyclopedia profile

Catholic Online profile

National Shrine-Ohio

Wikipedia entry

The Story of St. Dymphna-Franciscan Mission

Franciscan Mission Associates

2 comments:

christian soldier said...

I enjoyed my trip to Rome/Vatican!

How are you-my friend!
Carol-CS

Carlos Echevarria said...

Hi CS,

How are you?

Please tell me more about your trip, my email is:

cemiami@gmail.com

Did you take any pictures? Did you see the Pope or any high ranking Vatican official?

I don't post much here, anymore...I have a couple other blogs (travel related), Euro Trek, but more so now America Trek.

Thanks for staying in touch.

God bless you and I am very happy you enjoyed your trip, mine, continues for personal/economic reasons a work in progress, though my flight is basically paid for. (via my accumulated American Airlines miles)