Monday, June 13, 2011

Saint Anthony of Padua-Patron Saint of Lost Things















Unfailing Prayer to Saint Anthony:

*Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.

O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God
and Charity for His creatures made you worthy, when on
earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on
your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in
trouble or anxiety.

Encouraged by this thought, I implore of you to obtain for me (request).
The answer to my prayer may require a miracle. Even so, you are the saint of Miracles.

O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full
of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the
Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms, and
the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours.

Amen. (Say 13 Paters, Aves, and Glorias)

*On a personal note, I can personally attest this prayer truly works!

Related Links:

Patron Saint of Lost Things

Wikipedia entry

Basilica of St. Anthony-Italy

Doctor of the Church

New Advent entry

American Catholic special entry

Catholic Tradition

SQPN entry

St. Anthony portal

Anthony of Padua-Mary Pages

Feast Day photos-The Burning Fire blog

2 comments:

P. said...

And I can say that he is truly wonderful on finding things!

Carlos Echevarria said...

Thank you for commenting, I am going to add a link to your posts, which I just saw, regarding St Anthony.

Just last week he came through for me and my mother (whom had lost her car), big time!!! after I prayed to him.