Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pope Francis I

"As you know the duty of the conclave is to give Rome a bishop. It seems that my brother cardinals went almost to the end of the world." Pope Francis I
Argentine Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio from Buenos Aires elected Pope 
In a rather unexpected move, Jesuit Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, from Argentina, has been elected the 266th Successor of the Apostle, St. Peter.

Links:

Argentine Jorge Bergoglio was elected pope Wednesday

76-year-old, now known as Pope Francis I, was the archbishop of Buenos Aires

Suprise pick

Who is Pope Francis?

Cardinal Bergolio Elected Pope - Francis I

The highest-ranking Catholic in Congress praises the choice

First Jesuit elected to the See of Peter 

First words 

Humble man

President Obama congratulates 




No comments: