Sunday, November 17, 2013

A Night For The Ages

Items which I had blessed on Friday, November 15, 2013
at St. Catherine of Siena Church
Official Relic of the Postulation of
Blessed Pope John Paul II

On Friday, November 15th, at my parish, St. Catherine of Siena in Kendall, I, along with my parents, had the unique honor and privilege to attend the Pilgrimage of the Official Relic of the Postulation of Blessed (Sainthood in April 2014), Pope John Paul II The Great.

The good sisters and lay people of the Servants of the Pierced Hearts of Jesus and Mary were in charge and did an outstanding job, orchestrating and facilitating the entire experience and event.

In the pictures below you can see the actual relic with an encased sampling of blood, which I kissed, as well as items that were provided to me, and, ultimately, blessed.

Top photo details:

1-Handkerchief with his Papal Motto, Totus Tuus.
2-Photo card with His image.

Brought by me and, also, blessed:

3-Coinage from Rome, 2009, which my sister had brought me.
4-Our Lady of Guadalupe stamp card, with Pope John Paul II.

It was an deeply spiritual and moving night.

Long Live the 264th Bishop of Rome !!!
Long Live Saint Pope John Paul II The Great !!!
Long Live Papa Wojtyla !!!

No comments: